History of Noggins Farm
A century before Canada became a country, the Bishop family founded what would become one of the oldest farms along the banks of the Cornwallis River in present-day Greenwich, Nova Scotia.
John, Timothy and William Bishop begain farming a thousand acres of fertile land in 1760, cultivating crops, fruit orchards and dairy cows. Their hard work and dedication to the land built a farming legacy that has spanned generations.
Current owner Avard Bishop and his wife Sandy took over the farm in 1955. 20 years later, he brought his two eldest sons, Andrew and Stirling into the family business. The family has worked hard to perfect the art of apple growing, which continues to be their main crop. Over the years, production has expanded to include numerous other fruits and crops, a farm market, a dairy unit and modern storage facilities.
The Bishops incorporated Noggins Corner Farm in 1992. The name "Noggins Corner" harks back to the late 1800s when weary travellers bought "noggins" of rum from an old Greenwich farmhouse.
Today, Noggins Corner Farm has retained that spirit of hospitality and incorporated the best practices in agriculture, technology, and customer service. From our state of the art storage facilities to our bustling farm market, Noggins Corner Farm is dedicated to building on the legacy our ancestors left us!